|Directed by||Shinji Higuchi|
|Produced by||Hideaki Anno|
|Written by||Hideaki Anno|
|Music by||To be added|
|Budget||To be added|
|Box Office||To be added|
|Running Time||To be added|
Shin Ultraman (シン・ウルトラマン?) is an upcoming Shin UrutoramanJapanese tokusatsu Ultraman film, to be co-produced by Tsuburaya Productions, Toho, and khara, Inc. As successor to Shin Godzilla, it will serve as a film adaptation of the 1966 series, Ultraman. The film is to be tentatively released to Japanese theaters in 2021.
On August 1, 2019, Tsuburaya Productions announced that an Ultraman film helmed by Shinji Higuchi and Hideaki Anno was in the works, produced in association with Toho and khara and set for a 2021 release. Anno had already completed the first draft of the script on February 5. The film will star Takumi Saito, Masami Nagasawa, and Hidetoshi Nishijima. A later report from Japanese news outlet Natalie, which featured comments from Higuchi, Saito, Nagasawa, Nishijima, Tsuburaya chairman Takayuki Tsukagoshi, and Toho president Minami Ichikawa, revealed Saito's role as Ultraman's human host, with Nagasawa playing his partner. In his statement, Higuchi remarked that "A baton has been entrusted to me that has been shining ever since I was a small child. I will solemnly strive to fulfill my responsibility to pass on that heavy, radiant baton created by my seniors."
A casting call for Shin Ultraman was posted on August 20, with the filming begining sometime in the fall of 2019.
On September 25, ten additional cast members were revealed, which included names such as Daiki Arioka, Akari Hayami, and Tetsushi Tanaka.
Ultraman's design was revealed during the opening ceremony of Tsuburaya Convention 2019 on December 13. Though largely identical to the character's traditional look, the lack of the Color Timer gives the Ultra an appearance that reflects Tohl Narita's original concept of the character.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Takumi Saito as Ultraman
- Masami Nagasawa as Ultraman's partner
- Hidetoshi Nishijima
- Daiki Arioka
- Akari Hayami
- Tetsushi Tanaka
- Koji Yamamoto
- Ryo Iwamatsu
- Keishi Nagatsuka
- Kyusaku Shimada
- Toru Masuoka
- Hajime Yamazaki
- Toshihiro Wada
- Shin Ultraman: A Special Effects Fantasy Film (シン・ウルトラマン空想特撮映画?, alternate Japanese title) Shin Urutoraman Kūsō Tokusatsu Eiga
- Ultraman (English logo title)
- Main article: Shin Ultraman/Gallery
- Main article: Shin Ultraman/Soundtrack
- Shin Ultraman marks the first Ultra Series film to be produced by Toho; the company previously provided theatrical distribution for a number of episodes and compilation movies of Ultra series.
- Hideaki Anno is a longtime fan of the Ultraman franchise, and previously created and starred in a 1983 parody of Tsuburaya Productions' Return of Ultraman.
This is a list of references for Shin Ultraman.